Worth 60 percent of Winter Term grade
- A minimum of three posts from the team per week (a floor, not a ceiling) while we’re abroad.
- Focus on the course objectives: How has media influenced Western culture?
- Go beyond “here’s what we saw.” How did the experience affect you? Did it change the way you see media/culture? Did you gain a new insight that couldn’t be captured in a traditional classroom?
- Consider the entirety of the week — you probably don’t want 3-4 posts each week on the same site/subject.
- Make connections from our experiences in Europe to what we learned in the fall.
- Weave your personal insights into what we’re learning on the road.
- Do use categories to indicate subject matter. At minimum, tag each post with the city we’re based in at the time.
- At the end of each post, note who contributed to that particular post, e.g.
– Anthony Hatcher
(OR if more than one person contributes to a post …)
– Harlen Makemson and Bob Woodward
- Please change the tagline of your WordPress site to something other than “Just Another WordPress site” (when logged into WordPress, go to Dashboard–>Settings–>General and change the words in the Tagline field).