- You’ll be dragging your bag around Europe for three weeks so light is essential. And, you may incur extra airline fees if your bag weighs more than 23 kilograms (about 50 pounds)
- The old “pack what you need, then take half of it” mantra is worth keeping in mind.
- It’s also useful to think in threes: one you wear, one being laundered, one packed.
- Avoid cotton as much as possible: it offers no protection if you get wet, and takes forever to dry when hand washing.
- Laundries will be few and far between — plan on doing a little in your room every day or two. Here is one way to go about it.